Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Camping Food

About a month ago, I embarked on a journey taken by many men before: The Appalachian Trail. With my boots, lots of water, and my new Coleman stove I was off. Thus begins my cook at the campsite. Forget the cobblers under ground or the crock pot surprise. Here are simple, high calorie, and tasty food for the tired hiker.

On the menu:

Steak Burritos, Soup with Spinach, Cheese Burgers, and Awesome Cheese Stuffed Hotdogs



Seriously, the best flour tortillas for the money. They're big, sturdy, and hardy.


Day one:

Cheap Steak
Steak seasoning
Lime squirt

Canned black beans
Cumin plus crap ton of other spices in a ziplock

Uncle Ben's microwave rice

Canned green beans (along with Tony Chachere's) were eaten on the side.



A perfect all-in-one camping meal


Forget the Ramen Noodles, spend the extra $.55 for this.




The first night in the sticks I added spinach to my noodles while they cooked. They soaked up very little, but i needed the greens.



Night Three: Noodles with hot sauce, cheese burger with mustard, and green beans. A carbohydrate rich dinner built for an Appalachian Trail hiker.





Night four: Cheesy Hotdog goodness. Why not open fire? National Forest = No Fires.
Bummer, I know.


And trust me, Happy Plates were made every meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment